Internet Explorer: Exporting
- After opening Internet Explorer, open your “Favorites” area – indicated by the star in the top right corner of the browser page.
- With the “Favorites” tab open, click the “Add to Favorites” dropdown menu, then select “Import and Export…”
- This will pop out a window for you to select between two import options, or an export option. Select “Export to a file” and click next.
- The next window will ask what content the user wishes to export. Select “Favorites”, then hit next.
- The default settings should have your “Favorites” folder highlighted in the next window, select next (If your “Favorites” folder is not highlighted, double click the option to select it before hitting next.)
- Now you will have to select where the export file is going to save. Click “Browse” to open your Windows File Explorer to select your “OneDrive” folder
- Once you have your “OneDrive” folder selected, click “Save” and “Export” to proceed to exporting your favorites.
- Job complete! Hit finish to close out of the Import & Export window.
Internet Explorer: Importing
- On your new device, open Internet Explorer and locate the “Favorites” area once more.
- Though this time when we open the “Import and export…” option, we’re going to select the “Import from a file” option.
- Similar to the Exporting settings, only select “Favorites” as that is all that is being migrated.
- The next window that comes up will ask where the file is located for importing your bookmarks. Just as we did for Exporting, select “Browse” then locate your “OneDrive” folder.
- Once you have located the bookmark file, click “Open” then “Next” to proceed with selecting where the imported favorites will show up. As with Exporting, your “Favorites” folder should be highlighted.
- Job complete! Your favorites have been imported. Click “Finish” to close out of the Import & Export settings.