Changing your password can be done in one of two ways, depending on your location. If you are working from home, start at step 1. If you are working from your branch office, skip to step 3.
- Click the Windows button on the bottom left-hand side of your screen and search for “FortiClient”.
- If FortiClient has been set up correctly, you will see a login screen. Please login with the same username and password you use to login to your computer. Once you are successfully connected to FortiClient, proceed to the steps below.
- Press CTRL + ALT + DEL and select “Change a Password” (Your account name will be listed in the “Username” field at the top).
- Enter your current password in the “Old Password” field.
- Think of a new password that meets the following requirements:
- The password must be at least 9 characters.
- The password must contain a capital letter.
- The password must contain either a number or a symbol. The password can also contain both if you prefer.
- The password cannot be words or phrases that are easily guessed (i.e., Soccer1, Football5, Spring2020, Goldstar1$). The system will automatically reject these passwords.
- Enter your new password in the “New Password” and “Confirm Password” fields. These two fields will have to match exactly, or else the system will reject the password change.
- You will receive a confirmation when the system accepts your password. This new password will be good for 120 days.
- This guide assumes you are logged into a corporate device with your corporate account. If you are using a personal device with a personal account, this will not apply to you.
- If you are a Single Sign On user (your email password is the same as your logon password), your email password will change as well within 5 minutes or so. Microsoft Office applications will automatically prompt you for your new password.
- If you are working from home and FortiClient gives you an error stating your password needs to be changed, your password has already expired and you will need to contact IT Support for assistance.
Should you have any questions about this process, please contact IT Support at 734-669-3033, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org