Ordering an Appraisal
Click on the Services tab in the lower-left corner, then click Order Appraisal.
From the My Appraisers list, select "Mercury Network Software" and click Next. If "Mercury Network Software" is not listed in your My Appraisers list, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the next screen, enter your username and password, if needed. The Network ID will automatically appear. Then, check the box to Save Login Information. After entering the username and password, click the Refresh Lists button to populate the list of available products and the drop-down boxes on the right.
There are 4 tabs that you will enter information into: Order, Loan Property, Contacts, and Payment.
This is the default tab which is pre-populated from Encompass.
On a new loan, the New Order button will be selected by default. If an order has already been placed for the loan, it will default to Existing Order and choosing New Order will allow you to place additional appraisal orders.
• The Products list contains a list of all available products.
• The Client Group field will populate based on the Client Groups that you are assigned to. If you are not assigned any Client Groups, this field will not be available.
• The Notification Email field will allow you to enter the email address of anyone that should receive email notifications about this order. Multiple email addresses can be included by separating each address with a semi-colon.
• The Due Date field can be populated using the calendar icon for your desired return date.
• The Order Comments field will allow you to send order specific instructions or comments to the vendor, such as instructions for accessing the property.
• If you need to send any documents, such as a sales contract, this can be done by clicking the magnifying glass to the right of the Attachments button (see image below).
In this tab you will need to select the Occupancy and Property type.
• The Borrower fields and Co-Borrower fields will populate from information in the Encompass loan file.
This screen contains fields for contact information that will be sent to the vendor.
• The Agent/Occupant/Owner/Other section will allow you to include additional contact information that should be sent to the vendor.
• The Appointment Contact field will allow you to select which contact should be used to schedule an appointment. The options available are: Borrower, Co-Borrower, Agent, Occupant, Owner, or Other.
In this tab you will select your payment type. Payment options include: Deferred CC, CC to Vendor, and C.O.D. Most orders will be submitted with Deferred CC which will send a payment link to the Borrower. This will remove the need for a signed Appraisal Credit Card Authorization form.
• If you have a unique payment scenario (check, FHA flip, payment to be collected at closing) you will select C.O.D. The Appraisal Desk will then review and approve the charge or reach out to you for clarification.
If using the deferred CC method, Mercury will send out a message to the Loan Officer and alert them that a payment link has been sent to the Borrower.
Your Borrower will receive the following email requesting payment. Please note if you are using a DBA the message will reflect the DBA name instead of Gold Star Financial.
The Borrower will then be able to enter their credit card information into the secure payment website and the payment will be sent directly to the AMC.
When will I have my appraisal?
You should expect to receive your appraisal 72 hours after the inspection date. Please note we have alerts that advise us to check on appraisal outstanding over 72 hours past the inspection date.
Who sends the appraisal to the Borrower?
The appraisal desk will send out your initial report 72 hours after we receive the report. Second appraisals and revisions will be sent right away. If you would like to send the appraisal to the Borrower yourself, please carbon copy appraisals@GoldStarFinancial.com so we can enter the important date in for you.
Where can I find my appraisal?
When we receive the appraisal we will upload it to the eFolder for the Loan Officer to review. An email notification will also include an attached appraisal report.
What about underwriting requirements?
We will do our best to recognize investor overlays but it is on the Loan Officer to note in the special instructions if the investor has requirements for the appraisal. Please contact UW support in regards to guidelines.
What if I am not satisfied with the current turn times?
If the posted turn times are too long for you, please reach out to our AMC sales representative. DO NOT reach out to our sales representative to discuss a revision. That must be run through the appraisal desk.
How do I pay for a VA appraisal?
The VA doesn’t take credit cards so make sure to collect at closing so your branch doesn’t get billed for the report. Please make sure accounting gets the invoice to pay for the appraisal ASAP.
Can you rush a VA appraisal?
The VA doesn’t accept rushes.
Can I use my own credit card to place an order?
How do I contact the appraisal desk?
Please email email@example.com
*** Note: When emailing the appraisal desk, please include Borrower’s name and loan number***