File Notes Overview
Files Notes are a resource used on loans to allow Gold Star team members to communicate about information on the loan without the notes being a part of the Encompass file. While you have a link to access file notes in Encompass, that is not where they are input and housed---that occurs in ConnectGS exclusively. This feature is mainly used for communication between the LO/LP and the Underwriting team (UW and UW Support).
Please see detailed instruction below on how to access File Notes:
- To access File Notes, begin by opening the loan file in Encompass. The File Notes button is located in the top right corner as shown below.
- To launch the application, click the File Notes button.
- Once the File Notes button is clicked, the application will automatically open in ConnectGS. If ConnectGS is not actively open, it will prompt for the user to sign-in with their username and password as shown below.
Note: Each team member’s ConnectGS username and password are the same login information as their Encompass login.
After selecting the File Notes button and signing in to ConnectGS, the File Notes resource will launch. If there are already file notes on the loan, they will display similar to the image below.
- The file notes will display with the most current note at the top. It will show the team member who created the note, their ConnectGS profile picture (if uploaded), and the date and time of the note creation.
- To add a new note to the File Notes, click on the area shown below.
- Once the box above is selected, it will automatically change to the typing area shown below. Here the user can customize their note and add images and hyperlinks as well. They can change the font, the size, bullet the note, change the font color, etc.
- After typing the file note, click the Post button to add it to the file notes record.
- Once done adding/reviewing file notes, close out of the application using the (x) in the top right corner as highlighted below and return to Encompass.
An additional way to access File Notes is directly through ConnectGS. When accessing file notes directly from ConnectGS, users will only have access to view existing file notes, not post additional notes.
Begin by logging into ConnectGS and selecting the Options Menu in the top left corner.
Under the options menu, click on Customer Connect.
After clicking on Customer Connect, click on Pipeline Connect in the flyout menu.
After accessing Pipeline Connect and locating the relevant loan, click on the File Tools (three dots) affixed to the correct loan.
- Once the file tools have been opened, click on File Notes.
- The file notes application will launch on the right side of the screen as shown below.
- Viewing is similar to the format shown above when navigating via encompass. As seen previously, the team member’s name, photo, and date of the file note will post in addition to the note itself.