Book Appointment Feature
The Book Appointment feature gives current and perspective borrowers the option to schedule appointments with Loan Officers to go over details of their loan, ask any questions, or just browse financing options and capabilities with Gold Star. The Book Appointment feature is currently accessible to borrowers via each respective Loan Officer’s Gold Star webpage or by direct link, and allows borrower(s) to schedule appointments online rather than having to call or email to set up and discuss availability. Similar to the Gold Star Loan Officer websites, each book appointment link is exclusive to one singular loan officer and their calendar. Please note all links will differ as they include the branch’s Org ID, the LO’s first name initial, and the full last name of the respective loan officer. See below:
Before inviting borrowers (current and perspective) to their website, each loan officer must set up their desired availability for appointments. Please note, if loan officers do not complete this step, the system is set up to default availability as 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday thru Friday in their respective time zone. Please see below for instruction on how to update and set availability.
- Log into ConnectGS and select the drop-down menu in the top-right corner as shown below.
- From the drop-down menu, click on My Profile.
- On the My Profile page, scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the Book Appointment Available Times section.
- When customizing availability, first select the time zone. Click on the drop-down menu and select the applicable time zone that corresponds to your location.
- Under each day, either check or uncheck the Available box to indicate whether appointments are permitted to be scheduled on those specific days or not.
- Next, users must indicate the time frames in which they want to be available between for appointments. Click the Clock icon to change the start and end time desired for each day. For example, in the image below, the available start time on Mondays is 10:00 am and the loan officer is available until 4:00 pm for appointments to be scheduled. Start and end times can be changed for every day of the week, including weekends.
- Once all availabilities have been customized as desired, click on the Save Availability button located at the bottom of the page to save any/all changes.
Once the loan officer has set up their availability, borrowers (current and perspective) can now schedule an appointment within the dates and time frames. This process is demonstrated below.
The following are the steps a potential borrower(s) will take to schedule an appointment:
- Consumers will either use the link provided to them by their loan officer for booking appointments or will do so directly from the loan officer’s website.
- If doing so via the LO’s website, the borrower (perspective or current) will need to click the Schedule Appointment button.
- If doing so using the link, the borrower (current or perspective) will be directed to a webpage where they can select their appointment duration and start the scheduling process.
- Once the borrower(s) clicks on the available link or clicks the Schedule Appointment button from the LO’s website, the following page will appear. On this page, the LO’s name and image tied to their profile in ConnectGS will show.
- The borrower(s) will then choose their desired length of appointment. They can choose between 10, 30, or 60 minutes. Please note, there are currently no other time frames available outside of the three options below for the borrower(s) to choose from.
- Once the borrower(s) selects their desired length of meeting, they will be prompted to choose a date and time for the appointment. The date and time slots are directly connected to the loan officer’s Outlook calendar and their availability input into their ConnectGS profile. Only those days highlighted on the calendar in green are available for the borrower(s) to book for an appointment. To the right of the calendar, the available time slots will display for the borrower(s) to choose from.
- If a loan officer has a date or time not marked as available for any reason (i.e vacation or other meetings), the unavailable days/times will not populate. If a borrower selects a day that is not highlighted in green, the following message appear which indicates that the loan officer is not available.
- Once the borrower(s) selects a date and time, they will be prompted to enter their name, email, their phone number, and the reason for the requested meeting. Once they have entered all the required fields, they will select the Book Appointment button. Please note, if some lines are not filled out, the Book Appointment button will be grayed out and the borrower(s) will not be able to book their appointment.
- After the Book Appointment button has been clicked, the following message will display informing the borrower(s) that they will receive an additional confirmation for the time and date of their appointment.
- Shortly following, the borrower(s) will a notification to their email and/or email calendar system which will prompt them to accept the meeting. (Example below is using the Gmail platform).
- The loan officer will receive an email from ConnectGS notifying them of the added appointment. The message will include the details the borrower(s) input into their appointment request.
- In addition to the ConnectGS email and notification, the Loan Officer’s calendar in both Outlook and Teams will update to reflect the appointment.
- In outlook, the LO’s calendar will show the appointment as reflected below:
- On the LO’s Teams calendar, the appointment will show as reflected as below:
- When the appointment box (shown above), is double-clicked on, the appointment details will open and include the link to the appointment which the LO and borrower will both use to join the meeting on the desired time and day. To enter the meeting, both parties will need to click the Join button.
Please note, in the example scenario provided, the borrower is located in an EST time zone, while the LO is located in PST.